Burlap & Barrel Single Origin Zanzibar Black Peppercorn Won the Gold Medal for quality from Monde Selection!
Black pepper grows in bunches like grapes on a climbing vine. Most black peppercorns are harvested while still green, and then dried to give them their distinctive dark skin. Zanzibar Black peppercorns are allowed to ripen longer on the vine before being hand picked and sundried, resulting in a rich chocolate coloured pepper.
- Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Process: Sun-dried
- Tasting Notes: Cacao, Lemon, Tropical Heat
- Ingredients: 100% whole black peppercorns (Piper nigrum)
Ideas for use:
- Grind fresh onto everything!! I love adding to homemade bone broth!
- Cook with butter, shallts and crème for a peppercorn sauce
Some of the comments from fans of Zanzibar Black Peppercorns:
Fantastic Pepper. Zanzibar pepper opened my eyes to what pepper can be. Fragrant, very flavorful and almost twice as spicy as the pepper I had been using. I love it!Best Pepper Ever. This pepper transforms a simple salad into a gourmet feast! It is spicy and complex, but not overwhelming. I highly recommend it.Rick Easton, Chef @ Of Bread and Salt says "If the pepper wasn’t amazing, I wouldn’t buy it."
So much better than regular peppercorn.
The best pepper I have ever had.