Burlap & Barrel red pimentón peppers are slowly dried over oak coals, giving them a rich smoky flavour.
- Location: Extremadura, Spain
- Process: Dried over oak goals and then ground
- Tasting Notes: Hardwood Smoke, rip tomato, summery sweetness
- Ingredients: 100% pimenton de la vera DOP (Capsicum annuum)
Ideas for use:
- Sprinkle over popcorn or nuts for a smoky bite
- Mix with salt, ground cumin and any other spice you want for a meat seasoning or dry rub
- Mix with spices into cauliflower rice for a low carb take on Spanish rice!
- Goes well with Zanzibar Black Peppercorns!
Some of the comments from fans of Smoked Pimentón Paprika:
Next level smoked paprika. Not exaggerating- this is the best smoked paprika I've ever tasted. No joke, I make everyone who comes over open the jar and take a whiff because it's SO fragrant. It elevates even the simplest foods into something special- we're particularly loving it on roasted squash right now.Unique Amazing. This amazing paprika adds unusual depth to my recipes without taking over. How can a spice be both bold and subtle at the same time Try it, you'll see. I'm finding more and more ways to use it.
I love cooking with paprika but I didn't realize I was using fake-a*# paprika all this time! I just made some chicken breasts with spinach, feta, roasted tomato with some paprika mixed in with breadcrumbs on top. The kitchen smells SO good, and the meal was really good (and usually chicken breasts are so boring--the paprika just took everything next level). The Paprika has that true smoky taste, smell, and "after taste" that is wonderful! I'm going to add a sprinkle into other food I cook. Very nice and you get a ton for the price. Paprika 4 LIFE! Thanks, Switch!