SwitchGrocery has the best sugar free chocolates bars and chocolate chips in Canada!!
Coco Polo chocolates are high quality, sugar free and are enhanced with different superfoods for the most amazing flavors! And the best part is that they are available through SwitchGrocery!!
Why did we pick Coco Polo?
- The owners are amazing! They have 30 years experience in the industry EACH and genuinely care about their customers, whether they be keto, diabetic, sugar free or just people who love great chocolate!
- The Chocolates are delicious – no shortcuts are taken, and only high-quality ingredients are used!
- Canadians deserve amazing products like this as quickly as possible.
I believe that awesome companies should be able to get their products to customers quickly and not wait years to get on the shelves of traditional retail. Plus, the food you eat should make you feel good and help you on your health journey!
Coco Polo is all those things, and we are so excited to carry their products!!
Who is behind the Company?
John Cunnell, Diane Yamate and Sandra O‘Shea founded Coco Polo, and each has OVER 30 YEARS of experience in the industry! The Founders started with a problem – Diane’s dad was diabetic and couldn’t find a chocolate to satisfy his sweet tooth, and when he did find something that was ok for diabetics, he didn’t want to eat it or share it with anyone.
Coco Polo’s goals in developing a natural sugar free chocolate were:
- Make chocolate that people would be happy to eat, not settle for!
- Select and use only high-quality ingredients; and
- Give Diane’s dad something he would be proud of!
What is Coco Polo?
Coco Polo Chocolates are sugar free, stevia sweetened chocolates that conform to the European Couverture chocolate quality standard, which is a much higher standard than the chocolates we usually get, which are either chocolate chip quality, or compound quality.
Coco Polo uses a quality of cacao known as speciality cacao, which is a very high-quality cacao. Based on estimates from the Fine Cacao and Chocolate Institute, a non-profit organization devoted to identifying, developing and promoting fine cacao and chocolate, only 210 or so chocolate makers in all of Canada and the US use this quality of cacao.
The great thing about Coco Polo chocolates is that they will work for everyone! They are sugar free, which means anyone on a low carb, sugar free diet, anyone who is following a keto lifestyle, or who is diabetic would love them. But they are also just amazing, and even my friends and family who do eat sugar love these chocolates!
Now let’s look at the ingredients! We already mentioned the high-quality cacao, but I think that’s important enough to repeat here, because that’s really what makes this chocolate taste amazing!
Coco Polo uses a quality of cacao known as speciality cacao, which is a very high-quality cacao… only 210 or so chocolate makers in all of Canada and the US use this quality of cacao!!
Each Coco Polo Bar, whether it is the 70% or 39% chocolate, starts with high quality cocoa sourced through sustainable practices, which is a key value for Coco Polo!
The next part is the sweetener – a blend of stevia and erythritol. Coco Polo Chocolate Bars and Chocolate Chips are all sweetened with a blend of Stevia and Erythritol. Stevia is a sweetener derived from a plant found in South America. It is 300 times sweeter than sugar but contains zero calories. Coco Polo spent 20 years getting the mixture JUST right, so that these chocolate bars taste like chocolate. They don’t taste like sugar free chocolate, they don’t have a “funny” aftertaste, they just taste like chocolate, and delicious chocolate at that!
Coco Polo’s Chocolate is delicious, but what really sets these bars apart are the different flavors they have! Every flavor is chosen so carefully.
Each inclusion in the chocolates must meet certain criteria:
- It must be nutrient dense,
- It must help boost your health, and
- It must also have a low glycemic index to match the focus on sugar free!
- Chia Seeds were added to the Coconut and Chia Seed bar because they felt coconut wasn’t enough of a health enhancement on its own!
- Quinoa was added to the Crispy Quinoa bar to make a crispy bar that is a nutritional powerhouse rather than going with the normal addition of rice, which comes with its poor nutrition and high glycemic index.
- Montmorency Cherries were used in the Cherry bars for their anti-inflammatory properties plus the fact that they are diabetic friendly!
- Elderberries were chosen for their amazing immune boosting powers!
- Cocoa Nibs – 100% cacao provides a huge antioxidant boost!
In each case, the additional ingredients are added whole rather than ground and mixed into the bar, so you actually see what you are eating! You actually see the almond in the Whole Almond bars or see the actual hazelnut pieces in the Hazelnut Bar!
Who should eat Coco Polo?
EVERYONE! The bars are delicious before you even get to the fact that they are sugar free! These bars were originally made so diabetics could enjoy chocolate, but they are also great if you are keto, low carb, sugar free or really you just love good quality delicious chocolate! Just look at some of these amazing reviews on our site!!
If you haven’t tasted CocoPolo in any of its forms, bars, buttons, well, it’s time to get your head outta the ground and join the rest of us connoisseurs of good taste!! CocoPolo has created chocolate that is low in sugar but big in taste!! First their amazing bars. And now buttons to jazz up your low carb baked goods. This is a small company with a big conscious. Chocolate without the guilt!! Oh and it’s delicious too!!
Coco Polo Chocolates are delicious, The End! They are sugar free, contain amazing ingredients and the founders care so much about making the highest quality chocolate possible! Coco Polo has even become part of my baking – I love using the Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (and eating a handful while baking!) in my pancakes, waffles, Hot Chocolate or really anything else I can think of!